C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Run #108

I've decided to start out my run journals with some of the little things that I enjoyed experiencing in my outside runs. Today, I ran by rosemary bushes twice. We had a lot of rain yesterday, and that rosemary scent was such a wonderful little mood-lifter during a run. I also passed an adorable little wild bunny when I was running next to a wooded area. The aroma of fresh herbs, and the cuteness of bunnies--I do love running outside!

I even love running outside on days like today, when the weather was far from ideal. When I started before 6 a.m., it was 77 degrees and 87% humidity. It sprinkled (very lightly) on me for maybe the first quarter of the run. After that, the rain held off. Thankfully it was cloudy, so I didn't have any sun issues at all. I accidentally ran through a deep puddle about 1/4 mile into my run (when it was still dark) and so the remaining 8 1/2 miles were done with wet feet and socks!

Today, for whatever reason, this distance was difficult. The last 1.5 miles or so were really tough. But there's a difference between where I am now and where I was six months ago. Now...I just know I can do it.

I think I'm going to be a little more cautious about increasing my mileage next week. I'd like to really get a handle on this "over 8 mile" distance. I want it to be a little easier before I move on to 9 miles. Next week I think I'll map out a route that's about 8.75 miles. That's pretty much equal to this week in terms of the endurance it requires, but by making it a smidge longer I'll still feel like I've progressed!

I ended at Starbucks again. I just love, love, love starting off my Saturday morning with a long run and some time alone at Starbucks. Today I even made a new friend there, a girl sitting at a neighboring table. We had a great talk.

The life of a runner is a good life!

8.63 miles, 1:48:24 (12:33/mile)
77 degrees, 87% humidity. I started my warm-up walk at about 5:50 and finished my run before 8.

No comments: