C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Run #74: My last pre-10K training run!

Started out feeling pretty blah--very slight headache. I'm so glad I ran! About 20 minutes in, I started feeling good, and I think I'll feel so much better all morning because I ran.

On Tuesday I tried a gel for the first time, to give me some nutrition before and during my run. But I didn't like the flavor (and it seemed messy), so I didn't eat as much of it as I should have. Today I tried Clif Shot Blocks Electrolyte Chews. The consistency is similar to those fruit snacks they make for kids. I really liked it!! I used the Cran-Razz flavor. I'm going to return the rest of my gels and get more of these. I did feel like it helped my energy, and I plan to use them for Sunday's 10K.

It's crazy to me that my next run will be the race--6.2 miles! But I could have kept going today, so while I AM getting nervous, I think I'll be able to run the whole thing Sunday. I'm surprised just how slow my pace has gotten--but if that's what it takes to run further, that's okay!

4.48 miles, 53 minutes, 11:49/mile

No comments: