C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Run #71: Mmm...Starbucks!

I ran to Starbucks today! My husband and kids gave me some time there to read with my Frappuccino. (I ran with a book in a fanny pack because I'm cool like that.) Then they met me there with the car.

The route there is slightly more uphill than down. It wasn't the easiest run ever, but wasn't bad. I felt like I could have kept going for a couple of miles but it wouldn't have been easy. I did have one stop, at a stoplight, for approximately 60-90 seconds.

One thing that's cool about this run: Just under 5 months ago, on Week 2 Day 3 of the Couch-to-5K program, I ran to Starbucks. I chose the shortest route and did my prescribed C25K training: 5 minutes of walking, 90 second jog/2 minute walking, repeating the 90 second/2 minute cycle for 20 minutes. I walked the rest of the way. It was HARD! Today I took a much longer route, and actually jogged the whole way, for 49 minutes. It's amazing and exciting to see how far my endurance has come!

I'm so excited for my 10K in 8 days!

4.29 miles, 49:17 total time, 11:28/mile pace

No comments: