C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Run #56: First official 5K!

This was my first official 5K! My pace was just a smidge slower than last time I ran in my neighborhood. I think with the excitement I got off on my breathing, and I did a little bit of walking near the end because of some side cramps and just being winded. But it went great, and I can't wait to beat this time next time I do a race!

Out of 181 women, I was #91, which puts me precisely in the middle of the pack. I'm pretty happy with that, with under 4 1/2 months of running under my belt

Honestly, I was hoping to have my personal best time/pace, but it was still a really great experience.

31:36, 10:11 per mile

1 comment:

Call Me Cate said...

That's fantastic!!! I've "participated" in several 5ks but more to support the cause than to do any real running. I'm hoping to actually RUN my first 5k in April or May.

I'm glad you had such a great first experience. And it will only get better from here!

You left out the important part though - how did Chickie do? Did she kick booty?