C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Run #238

Oops, forgot to log this run here! It was last Thursday (4/28):

Still taking the conservative approach as I work through the rest of the IT band stuff. I did feel tight today. But I've found a way to slightly alter my gait down stairs that helps. (I'm up and down the stairs at home a lot!) And yesterday I found some tight spots in my quad that weren't getting totally worked out with the foam roller, but I'm getting to them with the massage ball.

I'm definitely doing better, but it may take a little while before I am totally past this and can bring my mileage back up. Today I did 2 minute run/1 minute walk segments, hoping the faster running + extra walking would help the leg. Don't feel like it helped, but considering that the running segments were at a faster-than-usual pace, I think this was good for training. I'll probably do this 2:1 run/walk ratio occasionally for that reason, even though overall it's slower.

2.31 miles, 26 minutes (11:13/mile)

No comments: