C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Run #239

Still trying to get past the IT band stuff. I'm really working hard on getting my legs loose & strong so even though I'm not running much, I'm staying active doing other exercises. When I do run, I'm experimenting with form changes to see what helps. It's frustrating to me that it's taking so long to get past this (had to stop and walk after awhile today) but I'm definitely learning about my body and I'm determined to be stronger in the long run. I'll get that mileage back up eventually!

Hmm, I wonder if it's reasonable to hope that this is worked out by Run #250? I think so. That'll be about 4-5 weeks from now.

At this point I feel like I have so much good advice, and I'm putting it into practice. Targeted strengthening plus whole-body strengthening. Form (minimizing side-to-side motion of hips, etc.) Effective rolling techniques. The one thing I could add back in is physical therapy, where he could do Active Release Technique on me again. But that gets expensive very quickly, so I really want to get past this without PT if I can, even if it takes a little longer. If I seem to plateau for too long, though, I'll probably head back to the doc.


2.57 miles (not sure on time.)

No comments: