C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Week 9 Day 2

My goal for today was to run at a pace of 11 minutes a mile. I got close to that (2.69 miles, 11:07 per mile), and, most importantly, it was a great workout. I was rested and energetic, and I made a point to push myself.

I did wonder, several minutes in, if I was pushing too hard, but I was surprised as I kept running that, though I was breathing heavier, I started feeling really good.

I'd love to get down to that 11 minutes a mile pace on Monday. But my primary goal is just to complete the run Monday, because that will mean I completed the Couch-to-5K training program! I'm close, and I feel so great about that.

Now I need a Garmin watch, so I can track my pace while I'm running. Too bad Santa doesn't come back for about 51 more weeks....

No comments: