C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Week 9 Day 1

Well, here we are--Week 9! This is the last week of the couch-to-5K program. I'm up to 30 minutes, which is where I should be since I've been doing the program by time, not distance. Distance was 2.58 miles today. My pace has stayed pretty steady the last few runs (11:32, 11:34, 11:37), and the plateau is a little frustrating. I think Saturday I want to push myself just a smidge harder to see if I can get that pace down.

I was excited that I discovered a new way to use dailymile's mapping software today! I can use the hybrid map (both satellite & streets) to make sure I'm mapping correctly. I discovered I've definitely been underestimating on the streets, but overestimating the distance through the tiny little park I run through. Hopefully overall it's been about right. I know I can really map it accurately from here on out!

Goal for Saturday: 11 minutes per mile. That would get me up to 2.72 miles in 30 minutes. Can I do it? (Hope so!)

No comments: