C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Week 6 Day 1

It's week 6! And I haven't missed a day yet. I'm concerned that if I let myself skip a day I'll start letting myself skip LOTS of days. And it's only a three day a week schedule, so it's doable.

Today, after the standard 5 minute warm-up walk, I did a 5 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 8 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 5 minute jog. After Saturday's challenge, this was fairly easy. Still enough to get my heart rate up and to make me breathe heavily, but definitely not too hard.

My friend John introduced me to the website Daily Mile. It's neat; I can use the map there to track how far I've gone. (I broke 2 miles today, just barely!) My pace is slow--14:16 per mile on Saturday and 14:37 today. That includes the five minute warmup walk. I'm hoping as my unbroken runs get a little longer (25 minutes this Saturday) my pace will come down a bit. But then again, I need to remind myself, I've been saying this isn't about speed, it's about fitness!

No comments: