C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week 7 Day 2

I really felt like I pushed myself a lot harder today. I went about 1/8 of a mile further than Wednesday (and it felt like about 5 miles further!) I improved my pace by 38 seconds a mile, from 12:37 to 11:59.

Honestly, though, Monday may not be this good. I really didn't like how I felt during or immediately after the run--I just pushed too hard. I prefer taking it a little easier than that; even though the running is still hard when I take it easy, I feel great when I get home. It's been about ten minutes since I got home, and my lungs are still not entirely happy with me!

I have one more 25-minute run, on Monday, and then Wednesday it'll be 28 minutes!

Edited to add: I just realized what a big deal this is. I ran 2.09 miles today. That's the first time I've ever run over two miles. Ever. In my 32 years. Wow!! I am giving myself a huge pat on the back, and taking a minute to savor that victory, and to thank God for the strength to hit such a cool milestone! In another few weeks, I hope to be up to three miles.

No comments: