C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Run #214

This run never got EASY but I think that's good for building psychological endurance. I decided that since we're having so many warm days, it's time to ease back into barefoot running. But I chose a rougher portion of asphalt and quickly realized my soles have completely lost their barefoot conditioning! I made it less than 2 minutes and put my Vibrams back on. I'll keep doing a little at a time and hopefully regain those tough soles soon. I just want the freedom to run barefoot on decent surfaces when I want to, and to run in minimalist shoes when I want to.

5 miles, 52:26 (10:29/mile)

1 comment:

Hank Greer said...

I got a pair of Vibrams last September. One thing I notice about wearing them is that they allow you to cheat on your form. We had a lot of snow this winter so I've only been able to run barefoot for the last couple of weeks. I immediately noticed I was doing it wrong since the Vibrams have been "teaching" me I could so since Thanksgiving. I had to relearn to relax, land lightly and lift quickly. It didn't take long, but I really had to focus on it.

Hang in there. You'll get it back.