C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week 3 Day 3

Today was fine. I was breathing hard by the end, and it was probably more difficult than Wednesday, but it was okay. There was a tiny bit of drizzle--just an occasional drop here and there. Running in that weather was actually great; these overcast, drizzly days can be so depressing, and getting my heart rate up and adrenaline flowing was fantastic.

My destination today was the donut shop just outside our neighborhood, where I picked up some "breakfast" for the family. Yes, I recognize the irony, and I'm laughing at myself. But I'm running more for cardiovascular fitness than for weight loss. I'm pretty happy with my current weight. I'm about five pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant, but that's actually a healthier weight for me...and while my tummy isn't perfectly flat, my jeans look so much better when I actually fill them out!

I'll be honest--I'm really nervous about next week. The last two weeks (well, three weeks for me, since I repeated Week 2), each day's running segments have added up to nine minutes. Very doable. Next week really cranks it up--16 total minutes of running each day, including two five-minute segments. (See Week 4, here.) I really don't know if I'm ready for this. But I won't know until I try. We'll see how Monday goes.

I'm a sloooooow runner. I will never win any races. (Unless I race my kids.... Ooh, that's a good idea!) Good thing I don't have to get anywhere quickly. As long as my heart and my lungs are getting stronger, it's okay if it looks like I'm running in slow motion.

Wish me luck for next week....

No comments: