C. Beth.
C. Beth run.
C. Beth smile.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Run #35: My first 5K!

I didn't go to the 5K I'd planned to run. We are having a birthday party for my daughter at 11, and even though it's a small party, I just had too much to do. (The 5K was a 40 minute drive from my house.) Instead I used Daily Mile's mapping software to map out my own 5K. In fact, it was a little further. A 5K is 3.1 miles, but I got mixed up and mapped 3.2 miles instead.

I ran it, the whole way! I did it in 34 minutes 28 seconds, which is 10:46 per mile. That's my second-best all-time pace. I'm pretty happy with it; I'd like to get down to 10:30 soon, but just getting past the fear of a 5K was a huge step--next time I'll know I can do it and maybe I'll be faster.

I'm really proud of myself!

No comments: